Volunteer Role Description
The Grassroots Activists project supports communities to take action for the environment through a variety of campaigns. If you share this aim, could you be a Grassroots Activists Communications Officer?
Grassroots Activists works to make a difference by raising awareness of environmental issues and supporting communities and businesses to create change for the natural world by campaigning for change, in person and through social media.
You will be supporting Grassroots Activists’ Campaigns and Engagement team by providing regular social media support in the form of sourcing, creating and scheduling engaging content for our campaigns and a for a wide variety of themes
You will be passionate about conservation and wildlife and keen to support a wide range of people to participate in campaigns which benefit biodiversity and our natural environment.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated and energetic volunteer, who will undertake practical activity, research, and engagement of professionals and community members to support the delivery of social media messages which encourage and support a movement for the wellbeing of our planet, linked to Grassroots Activists’ campaign themes.
Activities may include:
- Scheduling social media posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using Tweetdeck and Creator Studio to ensure regular, high quality posts across channels.
- Spend time liking, following, and commenting on Twitter, and sharing/retweeting on both FB and Twitter
- Responding to messages on our social media channels, liking/reacting and sometimes responding to comments.
- Researching trends on twitter and breaking news which will inform retweets/shares and sometimes last-minute changes of scheduling.
- Using WordPress to update our website/blog (esp) following breaking news.
- Working with Campaigns Manager and Communications Manager on short-term planning of social media (c. 1 month in advance).
- Regular checking of the comms grid to inform short term social media plans.
- Attendance of regular meetings with Communications Manager to discuss feedback and what messaging needs to be in our comms going forward for the following month.
- Updates home page of our social media platforms and pins appropriate posts to top of our social media pages.
- Interviewing local experts, professionals and community members
- Proposing new, improved outreach ideas
The role will require four hours per week or more worked flexibly to suit your requirements.